Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Raining, It's POURING!

Rain and High School Visits Do Not Mix!


That is an understatement! I got so washed out last week during my travels. I am sure if you were anywhere in the country you were either experiencing the same type of weather last week or you certainly heard about it! It was flood city! I was going to and from schools and I would be completely drenched by the time I got inside, no matter how big of an umbrella I had or how many layers of protective rain gear I had on, it did not help! Plus, it doesn't help that no school I visited thought to have any parking close to the school entrance so I had to walk what seemed like miles in puddles to get to the main entrance! There was one time I arrived at a school and once I got to my session I ended up pulling out soggy materials!!! Haha all I could do was laugh and say...when it rains, it pours!

It was a much needed rain though so I had to look past it and enjoy the week. Last week I was very excited about my travels because I started the week in Williamsburg!!! I had been looking forward to this week all travel season, of course because of the great schools I would visit... okay let's get real because of the shopping! I was going to meet up with my good friend Lauren (Lern) Soles! She lives close by in West Point so we had planned to meet up for dinner and shopping at the outlets.

Before I met up with Lauren I got to go to Colonial Williamsburg and walk around for a bit. I stopped by the best candy shop in all of Williamsburg (says a reliable source) Wythe Candy Shop! It had so many yummy treats! You can smell the sweetness seeping from the door frame before you even get inside! I had to get a variety of the delicious candies! Once I had a true sugar high I made my way down the streets of Colonial Williamsburg; such a charming place full of history. I hadn't been there since I was a kid so it was nice to revisit the fun. While I was there I got to see a performance/reenactment of the Fifers & Drummers along the streets! It was so neat and the drums were so old! They sounded really good and their marching was perfect!



The Horses I saw at Colonial Williamsburg

So sweet!





After the reenactment and the Fifers & Drummers were coming out

The Fifers & Drummers!


The Drummers!

After walking around Colonial Williamsburg for a while enjoying the scenery I met up with Lern at the Olive Garden. It seems like every time I have been to Williamsburg recently I have had dinner at the Olive Garden...it's becoming tradition apparently. We had a wonderful dinner catching up on everything and once our bellies were full we were so ready to do some serious shopping! First we went to the Yankee Candle Store! I am officially obsessed with this massive store! It not only houses everything Yankee Candle but it has all the Vera Bradley you could ever want, a Fudge Shop, which I thoroughly enjoyed (adding to my already massive sugar high), and a whole Christmas section! I don't care what time of year it is there is just something about Christmas music and decorations. I even signed my name on the "Nice List" in Santa's Workshop...I hope he gets it! From the Yankee Candle store I ended up getting some fudge, a new bag (that Lern helped to convince me that I just had to have), and some Halloween candles.

We then made our way to the man event...The Outlets! Yes, yes no trip to Williamsburg is complete without a trip to the outlets first. And let me just say, if you are going to go to the outlets with anyone you should try and go with Lern...she knows those outlets like the back of her hand! I learned that back in May when I went with her the first time. So I knew this would be no different! We only had about an hour and a half to shop at this point and we still got some incredible deals! I am becoming impressed with our made outlet skills! Haha!

Well after a wonderful few days in Williamsburg and a great time with Lern it was time for me to leave and head to Lynchburg. The rain followed me to Lynchburg for the rest of the week but it cleared up just in time to have a wonderful adventure over the weekend!!!! You'll never believe what I did.....



1 comment:

  1. what?! what?! what?! That's a real cliff hanger! hehe Williamsburg sounded like so much fun! I want to go there with you for some candy, candles, and fudge! love you! stay dry!

    ReplyDelete