Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 3-4: Out of Town and Broke Down!

Well the last couple days have been quite interesting to say the least....
I had my first day of high school visits on Monday, which went great! I only met with 2 students all day but I got to meet with all the counselors and it was great getting to tell them about all the new, fun things going on at R-MC! They all seemed very happy to meet with me and get some materials to pass on to their students. Not only were the visits good but all the timing was great! I didn't have to rush anywhere and I even had some time to schedule some more visits.

Then there's the part that gets interesting... I needed to leave Fayetteville and head to Charlotte on Mon. afternoon because I had visits in Charlotte Tues. morning. On my way to Charlotte I was hearing something wrong with my car and it was becoming harder and harder for me to brake. Basically long, long, long story short after having the car looked at I ended up having to stay in Fayetteville Mon. night and prepare to get back to school on Tues. It was funny too because I ended up booking a room in the hotel I had stayed at the previous night. I felt silly walking back in there; they recognized me and wondered why I hadn't left yet! Unfortunately, I had to cancel my visits in Charlotte for Tues. but thankfully I was able to reschedule all the visits before the day was out. The only bad part was driving the car back to Ashland...it was a little stressful to say the least. I did make it back in town and I only needed to stop once.

The school was able to work out getting a rental car for me on Wed. so I wouldn't have to miss anymore of my visits than I had to . I got my rental car, which is a very pretty dark blue, and I headed to Wilmington, NC. I was really happy to get back on the road and back on schedule, plus I had a lot of really fun things planned in Wilmington! Meet you all in Wilmington!

P.S. Unfortunately I forgot my cord to transfer my pictures to my computer at home, so I will have to wait to post my next entry and pictures until I get home...so sorry for the delay but I will be sure to catch you all up on everything once I do get the cord!!! I will keep notes!

1 comment: