Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Wilmington Way!

Well today was my one day to be in Wilmington so I tried to pack in as much Wilmington excitement as I could.

On my drive down I took a picture of the leaves (just for you Darby) to show the progress. At this point we don't really have much change but I will keep you updated as I travel.

Very green still!

The drive down was a much smoother drive now that I have my new rental car with Illinois plates! Also, thanks to my friend Maggie I have named my car, Nala the Imapala! haha

I knew today was going to be a little busy but I also knew there were a couple things I wanted to get done while I was here. I had three visits in the morning, one visit in the afternoon and a College Fair at night. So if I was going to get everything on my list done I was going to have to work very strategically. You could probably guess my first thing on the list! Once I was done with my morning visits I had about 2 hours before the next visit so I opted to skip my lunch altogether and go straight to the BEACH!!! It was like a magnet pulling me and I just could not resist...didn't pass go, and I did not collect two hundred dollars and oh so worth it!

You know you have arrived at the beach when...

Beautiful day! Beautiful waves!

The water got it before I could snap the pic!

Travel Season 2010!

I would have stayed all day! A little piece of Heaven!

It was such a beautiful day and so nice to be out by the waves and the breeze! I could have probably stayed there all day except going to the beach in a suit and heels just aren't as fun as you would think! It's just a tease really! I really did have a lovely time though and the water was perfect! Unfortunately, my work break had to come to an end and then I rushed off to my last visit of the day. As I was leaving a couple was walking onto the beach and I would assume by looking at my attire she said, "Work break!" and I said, "Absolutely!" How nice would it be to work near the beach!

My last visit of the day was pretty interesting....I did my first and hopefully last lunch visit ever (A lunch visit is when you stand in the cafeteria during the students lunch). We usually try to avoid these types of visits because in the past they have turned out to be a huge waste of time. Well unfortunately I got tricked into this lunch visit because when I scheduled the visit I scheduled it as a private visit and it wasn't until the school counselor started walking me to the cafeteria that I realized what I was getting myself into. Never again! Not the best experience I have ever had...if you want details please feel free to ask ;)

After that visit I had one more thing on my list that I just absolutely had to do while I was in town, and that was to go to Paul's Place Famous Hot Dogs! If you have ever been before you know what I'm talking about and if you have never been before....you haven't lived yet! haha Every summer when I have gone to the beach with Kevin's family we always stop at Paul's Place for lunch on the way down to the beach. They have the best Hotdogs ever and very renowned for their homemade relish! And when you go you have to get your hot dogs "Paul's Way...all the way!" Basically with their homemade relish and all the fixin's! I went there and sat down and had 3 all by myself! I really did "relish" that meal!





Here are the glorious Hot Dogs! And yes, if you were wondering that is Sundrop in my cup!
You know you have arrived in the south! 
 After that and on a super full stomach I went to prepare for my fair. One note about the fair for all you R-MC fans, as I was setting up my table a rep from Methodist came by and congratulated me on our incredible football team! We had played Methodist a couple weeks prior and in his own words he said, "You creamed us!" I was so proud so of course I walked right over to the H-SC table and was giving him a hard time. R-MC is currently undefeated and ranked #25, H-SC is also undefeated at this point so I think it is going to turn out to be quite the match up this November!

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm Kellyn, I thought you would pull over or something to take the picture! I can see you were driving AND taking pictures!!!! ahhhhh! But still I like the picture pretty sky and gorgeous green trees! I love the pictures of the beach and your messages in the sand; you are so darn cute! I am so JEALOUS of the Sundrop you had!!

    ReplyDelete